As Chesbrough said: “No organisation (…) can innovate effectively on its own”1. Hence,“Companies are redefining how they generate ideas and bring them to the market, leveraging on third-party innovation and opening up their know-how abroad”1.
The opportunities are there, but a new front is opened in the innovation management, which requires a new outward attitude and new skills, in a necessarily international environment.
In 2007, the Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona and LEITAT Technological Center criaram a KIMbcn Foundation, que nasceu com o objetivo de estimular a economia do conhecimento e promover a Inovação aberta. Mas era necessário desenvolver uma organização internacional com uma perspectiva de mercado.
É aqui que entramos: Alinhando as expectativas da indústria e dos centros de pesquisa e tecnológicos para explorar as oportunidades da Inovação Aberta.
- Expertise. We have been practicing Open Innovation (Tech Transfer) between industry and research and technological centers since 2007.
- PULL Philosophy. The driver that guides our activity with RTOs is to respond to the needs of our industrial customers, mostly large multinational companies.
- 360º vision. We have a technological vision of the processes of acquisition and commercialization of early stage technologies and other assets of IP (know how, patents …), but also of business, financial, legal and IP models …
- Cross innovation. We have a horizontal knowledge of the market, which allows us to reposition and transfer technologies from one industry to another.
- Facilitators. We have extensive experience in national and international transfer finance instruments. This allows us to be able to connect public and private instruments.
KIM, in figures