The Catalonia Open Data HUB supports the explotation of Open Data and fosters linkages between clusters, SMEs and start-ups in order to increase their innovation and internationalization capacities.
Creating a platform for the entities that are interested to support Data Economy through training, research, development, innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives in order to foster the economic growth of Spain.
- To provide services for entrepreneurial initiatives based on:
- Use of Open Data.
- Use of Linked Open Data.
- Strengthen the local economy.
- Universities, research and technological institutions.
- Start-ups and SMEs.
- Large companies.
- Chamber of Commerce.
- Regional Government.
- Need for training seminars in the use of Open Data in order to increase the awareness, and créate innovative products and new business models.
- Strengthen synergies among different local actors and foster cooperation among various stakeholders (Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, Barcelona City Council and Catalonia Government).
- Train potential users on how to Access and use Open Data services provided through ODEON and Tourism of Barcelona.
- Promote creativity and entrepreneurial spirit among youth.
- Increase awareness of SMEs, entrepreneurs, and citizen about the benefits of OD/LOD.
- Stimulate generation of new business ideas based on the available open data and maximize OD/LOD’s socio-economic benefits
- Facilitation and collaboration between members.
- Promotion of activities (marketing/visibility).
- Trend-scouting (Ideas for innovative projects concerning Open Data use).
- Innovation Management / Support of innovation processes (internal, external).
- Provision and facilitation of access to training for members of the Data Hub.