KIM, ESA broker in Spain
KIM collaborates with ESA since 2012, when it was entrusted with the assessment, prioritization and analysis of patent portfolio of the Agency, to their application in non-space sectors in Spain.
In 2016, the European Space Agency (ESA) chooses KIM as the new broker in Spain.
KIM has the role to detect business innovations developed by the Spanish space industry and ESA technologies, in order to market them in the non-space sector.
The European Space Agency’s Tech Transfer Brokers network offers extensive support to the space industry through identification and exploitation of new market opportunities. ESA brokers also facilitate the access to these technologies to non-space industry partners.
- Identification of applications to non-space market
- Mediation between space and non-space industry
- Support with ESA space solutions brand usage
- Packaging of space technology offers
- Communication of success stories
- Access to ESA IP Portfolio
How a broker works
Why work with KIM?
What KIM can do for you
- Promotion of the aerospace industry in Spain.
- Promotion of the “Spain” brand as a technological brand at an international level.
- Promoting innovation in SMEs through actions that help them innovate quickly (for example, by acquiring technologies instead of developing them).
- Generation of new business opportunities, by licensing its technologies to companies in non-space sectors, or by creating new R&D projects to advance the TRL space technology.
- Visibility through dissemination of success stories (application of their technologies in other sectors) and other communication activities.
Large non-space corporations
- Creation of lines of work in the aerospace field.
- Design of intrapreneurship programs related to the best application to the business of a space technology.
- Fast track to innovation, by detecting technological challenges and solving them with ESA technologies.
- Sophistication of its corporate image (“made in collaboration with ESA”).
For more information about these technologies, visit our Open Market.
In parallel, there is a call for ideas called DIGITS – Disruptive Ideas Growing Innovation Towards Sustainability, through which it can be exhibited in this event.
The winner solution (“Preventing head-clogging of ink-jet printers for ceramics -tiles- by the use of an advanced fluid filters”), devised by the Spanish researcher Breogán Pato, is based on the use of an advanced fluidic filter (pat 642) developed by ESA.
Being the winner of the “ESA Tech-Landing 2016” contest, Breogán Pato has the opportunity to present his project at the selection process in order to enter one of the ESA BICs.
Recently, “MAintenance of Remote INfrastructures and Equipments (MARINE)”, another finalist project of the “ESA Tech-Landing” contest, has been selected to take part in the “Space Creativity Centre” (ESA support programme to validate technologies).
This consultation on an unprecedented scale took place simultaneously in all 22 Member States of the European Space Agency (ESA). The Spanish edition of this event was organized by KIM and with the support of ESA BIC Madrid and it involved about 100 citizens.
- Showing the keys to transfer space technology to other sectors.
- Understanding the technological challenges of leading entities and how space technologies can solve them.
This event was attended by prominent speakers from ESA TTPO, ESA BIC Madrid, Fundación madri+d, LES, Madrid Aerospace Cluster, CDTI, 3M, ALTER Technology, Indra, Acciona, OHL…