KIM, ESA broker in Spain
KIM collaborates with ESA since 2012, when it was entrusted with the assessment, prioritization and analysis of patent portfolio of the Agency, to their application in non-space sectors in Spain.
In 2016, the European Space Agency (ESA) chooses KIM as the new broker in Spain.
KIM has the role to detect business innovations developed by the Spanish space industry and ESA technologies, in order to market them in the non-space sector.
The European Space Agency’s Tech Transfer Brokers network offers extensive support to the space industry through identification and exploitation of new market opportunities. ESA brokers also facilitate the access to these technologies to non-space industry partners.
- Identification of applications to non-space market
- Mediation between space and non-space industry
- Support with ESA space solutions brand usage
- Packaging of space technology offers
- Communication of success stories
- Access to ESA IP Portfolio
How a broker works
Why work with KIM?
What KIM can do for you
- Promotion of the aerospace industry in Spain.
- Promotion of the “Spain” brand as a technological brand at an international level.
- Promoting innovation in SMEs through actions that help them innovate quickly (for example, by acquiring technologies instead of developing them).
- Generation of new business opportunities, by licensing its technologies to companies in non-space sectors, or by creating new R&D projects to advance the TRL space technology.
- Visibility through dissemination of success stories (application of their technologies in other sectors) and other communication activities.
Large non-space corporations
- Creation of lines of work in the aerospace field.
- Design of intrapreneurship programs related to the best application to the business of a space technology.
- Fast track to innovation, by detecting technological challenges and solving them with ESA technologies.
- Sophistication of its corporate image (“made in collaboration with ESA”).
For more information about these technologies, visit our Open Market.