ActInSpace® is an international hackaton initiated by the French Space Agency (CNES) uniting over 60 cities across 5 continents. It is an initiative supported by the European Space Agency (ESA) and the ESA BICs and ESA brokers network. The Spanish edition will be held between Friday 25 and Saturday 26 May 2018 in the Canòdrom of Barcelona.
By taking part in ActInSpace®, you’ll be taking part in a truly international event bringing together entrepreneurs, students, job seekers, developers and creatives worldwide. For 24 hours, teams come together to work on real-life challenges alongside business mentors and technical experts and to imagine and design innovative services and products that find every day uses for space technologies or data.
The agenda of the event is as follows:
And that’s just the beginning! The winning teams will proceed to the national and international finals to present their project to an international jury of experts on technology transfer and business development. All teams with promising projects will go on to receive guidance from ESA’s Business Incubation Centres and partner incubators to accelerate their project and turn their idea into a real company.
What are ActInSpace® key goals?
- We want to make people dream bigger and develop their entrepreneurial spirit, especially young people
- We aspire to show people just how amazing the space sector is and how it can positively impact on our daily life
- We’re driven to demonstrate the socio-economic potential of the space sector and its ability to boost startup creation
- We look to build a bridge between civil society and space agencies to make patent licensing more accessible
- We believe in #WomenInSpace and want to encourage women to start technical companies