In 2007, the Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona and LEITAT Technology Center founded the Knowledge Innovation Market Barcelona (KIMbcn), a public-private foundation created to stimulate the Knowledge Economy in Spain and promote Open Innovation through:
- Providing specialised services related to evaluating the technological level of companies.
- Applying or transferring technology for prospection and market penetration in the short, medium and long term.
- Applying or transferring technology linked to obtaining funding for companies in any of the financial or participative means strictly foreseen within legislation.
- Collaborating and developing joint projects with other agents (universities, research centres, technology parks, public administrations…).
- Disseminating emerging scientific technologies, connecting the most prominent national and international institutions of research and development.
- Organising exhibitions, conferences, debates, trainings and seminars.
- Elaborating, editing, publishing and selling books, magazines, audio-visual materials and multimedia materials.
Conceived as a think tank or laboratory of ideas, the KIMbcn Foundation has become a reference in Tech Transfer training and dissemination of good practices in the innovation management.