The invention relates to smart gateway diversity concepts for broadband networks that propose
design improvements in order to mitigate fading problems (such as the ones produced by rain) by
exploiting the intrinsic spatial diversity and implementing some routing capabilities.
- More efficient: The method provides efficient system architectures, minimizing the end-device complexity.
- Smarter: The system provides an automatic fading detection and a gateway selection according to the traffic growth.
- Robuster: The system presents an improved robustness against fading and its resource allocation strategy allows seamless traffic hand-off.
This concept has been developed specifically to improve the capacity and availability of communications at the EHF band. Examples of applications include:
- Wireless multi-user communications
- Mobile data transfer
- Smart city applications
- Harsh environment communications
- Smart gateways
- Fading effects
- Optimized playload
- Gateway switch
- Q/V Band
Nataly Pizarro · Project Manager